A Basque village and port on the south coast of France a few KM from the Spanish border. Noted for fishing especially anchovies and tuna. Originally the fisherman went as far as Newfoundland for cod and also the Basque Corsairs of the 17th century. In 1660 Louis XIV of France married Marie Theresa - the Infanta of Spain in the village Cathedral chosen as it was half way between Paris and Madrid. Became a resort after sea walls were constructed. Over 40% of the apartments in the town are holiday homes and only occupied for a few months each year. Camped in the aire immediately beside the railway station!