The palatial Late Antique Roman villa at La Olmeda was discovered under a field and professionally excavated from 1968. It was built in several stages from mid 4th century to the end of the the 5th. It has twenty-seven rooms, twelve with mosaic floors, wrapped around a central patio crossed with mosaic paths in geometric patterns and linked round its perimeter by a wide peristyle. The main bedroom and the baths have heated flooring. Only the floors and bases of walls remain and these are now housed under a dramatic steel hangar standing in open countryside. The most notable feature is the more than 1000 sq metres of well preserved mosaics, although the colours are a bit faded. The museum is an excellent presentation.